Go and Be Awesome, The POWER is within YOU

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord. I'll say what you want me to say. I'll be what you want me to be.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

20th Birthday

 Dinner or Breakfast with Comps
 Pres Salas cooking asado (BBQ) to celebrate the birthday.
 Sis Salas baked the birthday cake.

5/6
Dear Family! 
I love you all :) so i hope this letter will do up for the letter i missed last week with lots of fotos. So I was reading through the letters you all sent me :) and it made me think. i hope you don’t think i am comparing myself with other elders. Rather i am seeing the good ways some missionaries can teach and trying to find out how i can teach with that same power and authority. During the last week we had the opportunity to go to visit Cesar and Ana with President Salas. We called him and asked what advice he would give us, and he said well why don’t i go visit them with you some day. We agreed! It was an amazing lesson, to just watch president use the spirit to read their needs and teach directly but with love. I hope someday i can obtain that type of spirituality and ability to teach.
      At the beginning of the week, had some difficulties with excitement and believing that i could teach good, but that i lost the ability. I know they are feelings that are just to make me feel down. so i shook them off and was able to get focused and got some good work done. The nice thing was that i was not in the office a lot. We did an activity on Tuesday where we worked outside all day at it was great. to just even do contacts :) and then Friday and Saturday i went to villa allende to work with the zone leaders out there (because my companion is district leader so he has to do interchanges with them) so all day friday and Saturday i worked. Although i got pretty behind in my work, it was really nice to just work. I know the Lord will provide and help me to get everything done.
     My birthday was fantastic! woke up, we cleaned the pención super super good,  and while the other elders were finishing the last bits, i made pancakes and banana bread to eat :) so in the morning we had a big pancake breakfast with fake syrup. We then got to the office and we had to do some ficha work. because today is the last day to put them all in. I then talked with president and the hermana to invite them to an asado. I was going to buy everyone a way good asado. and then president told me. why dont you get the fire going while i get the meat. I am super super grateful for what they did for me. Hermana Salas made a cake and pudding. President cooked the asado. and we had a little birthday party :) Got to say, way nice. and if you ever have time, feel free to send them an email (asalas@ldschurch.org). they took care of your son very well on his birthday :) I got way way full. 
      We have found some new families. The family Calderon and Pizarro. so I will keep you informed on their progress. They didnt come to church so we cant baptize them in may... I really really hope we baptize in may. its been way too long since we have baptized and there is no reason why we shouldnt be. We just need to keep working. 
      Well i´m a little short on time, (mostly because of the fichas) i want to write more but i also want to go out and work and visit people so.. :) I LOVE YOU A TON and i will be sure to write a lot. Thank you for all the birthday wishes :)

Love 
Elder Rowse

No comments:

Post a Comment