Go and Be Awesome, The POWER is within YOU

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord. I'll say what you want me to say. I'll be what you want me to be.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Missionary Transportation

 Wahooo!   I actually get to drive - I even have an Argentine license.
 Well, yes sometimes we bike.
 Most definitely, we pretty much walk everywhere.

5/28/12
Dear Family!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! :) thank you for being patient. We were doing quite a bit of things. Last Monday we did a pretty big painting service activity. There was this fútbol club and was in a more humbler neighborhood and well the government of Córdoba asked us if we could do a service project and paint the club. So we went there early in the morning and well they had a huge futbol field so while we waited for the paint to arrive we played fútbol :) then we painted the club and then ate a yummy churipan with president and then we played fútbol with president :) it was way fun but it took the whole p-day and we had some really important appointments so we didn’t stay to write the family (hence the letter.. and well i didn’t want to be trucho and write later on in the week so i never did) and we were all busy trying to get some baptisms together. 

     So we have found some new families that are great! :) the family Romero. the parents are members (sealed in the temple) but their kids have not been baptized because the wife had gotten offended a while back and haven’t been to church for about who knows how long. BUT yesterday they came to church everyone!! The family is way legit, their youngest daughter (7 years old) makes me think a lot about my nieces. Its way funny. 

    Another cool story, we went by this less active/inactive family. Same story they stopped coming to church because the parents were offended, but their 16 year old son they are worried about him making bad decisions. While we were visiting with him he told us that the activity we did with him a month ago really impacted him and since that moment he was praying every night. He said he wanted to go to church. His mom was rather surprised (as was i). Afterwards we talked just with the mom and we told her. Hey your son really wants to come back to church; you know it will help him make the right decisions. it depends on you. If you give a good example he will go to church, if you dont he will never go to church. She was a little undecided. They didnt come yesterday but we are going to help them out. The son really wants to come. (They are called the family Warnier)

     The Family Alegre. I really want them to bring me alegre, but its rough. We had a lesson with Daysi and the family (Daysi is the wife of our recent convert that both reactivated and are now just working miracles) anyways she is the Young Women´s leader so we thought it would be a good idea. She had the perfect testimony and Ana gave her permission so that Carolina can get baptized. Carolina was really excited so we put the fecha for the 26 of May and eveyone was happy. Well Friday came around and Carolina said she wanted to get baptized in two weeks and not last weekend. We tried talking to her but she was pretty set... and on top of that she didnt come to church.. so we will need a miracle with this family. They are amazing, i can easily see them in the temple in a year and faithful members. They just need to realize it. Cesar gave a talk on Sunday :) His first talk, and he was pretty nervous. It made me really happy and it also made me think of how you must have felt when i gave my first talk :)

    We have some other families but they are all missing just a little bit. We are need of some miracles. I figured out the record in our area is 5 baptisms in a month. We put the goal of 10. I want to make some plans for each week of this month. We have about 7 baptismal dates that are pretty set in stone. They will take some work but i know we can make it. It will make up for the last 2 months of not baptizing :( i feel pretty bad about that. But I dont let it get me down. I have already got almost a year, i should already be teaching effectively and baptizing every week. Just got to keep going. 

I got a new companion. His name is elder Kindt, he is from Canada and... he was with me in Uritorco so i already know him a little so its a little exciting :) we get along pretty well :) 

Keep the investigators in your prayers :) I had a lot of fun reading your letters over the last week. It makes me very happy to hear all of the missionary work you are going :) honestly i am very proud to hear of your missionary work, Keep it up and i can promise you it will be an amazing feeling when that family joins the church :) Do everything possible to obtain that moment. Mom, not having served a mission i can promise you that the joy really is fulfilling :) Every Sunday it makes me so happy to see Cesar and Gonzalo faithful and active. Gonzalo is now the Young Mens President. 
Love, Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment