Go and Be Awesome, The POWER is within YOU

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord. I'll say what you want me to say. I'll be what you want me to be.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

More Pics and Letters

 Kevin in Primary
 Great Elders to work with
Zone Conference

6/17
Thank you for the messages :) I have had some interesting changes (could be put maybe as one step up on the ladder). I don’t want to say i have gotten super better in anyway because i am still missing a bit but i feel a little different. I am starting to understand what it means to love the people and how to show that love. I actually found the scripture that confirmed it all today. I find myself thinking of the people more, i try to think what i can do right now and in the future. I’m thinking of people and how they can progress. I know it is all from the Lord. I am not quite sure if i changed something, but i want to keep going with the studies and covenants that i am doing. This is a beautiful work. I pray that i may continue progressing, there is lots of room for improvement. I don’t know if i mentioned we have a goal of 10 baptisms this month, and as of right now we have 6. :) 

This week was a little rough because my companion is new to the office and well, is still trying to find the balance between office work and missionary work. I tried my best to help him but we hardly left this week. I did get a little frustrated because i ached inside to know that people were passing through trials and that i couldn’t get out to help them. I´m pretty sure the Lord had a plan for this to teach me and my companion. 

We did still have the baptism of the Romero family :) Their kids are sooo amazing!! :) They remind me a lot of my nieces; i hope they are all good. They wanted me to do the baptisms, but i knew it would be better if the dad got permission and did it. (aparte quiero hacer lo mismo hacía me papá). The dad was very very nervous but the first baptism was perfect. Omar got a little nervous and started to cry, so we had fabricio get baptized next and i went back and was with Omar and his dad and we watched fabricio get baptized and then he got a little of confidence and after the baptism Omar was very happy :) it all worked out perfectly!

This week we have some more goals to leave early and get some good work done :) tonight we have a family home evening with the whole family Alegre. We are going to put everything in order and try our hardest so that we can see them get baptized this week or next week :) keep them in your prayers and also the people we are praying we can find. I love you all :)

Elder Rowse

6/24/12
Dear Family,

Glad to know everyone is doing good and working hard in the mission field back home. :) I was very happy to get the pictures of my baptism :) So this week has been pretty good :) We found some way awesome families that we are hoping we can get baptized in July. The whole mission is putting a special effort to baptize 150 in July, or in other words, that EVERY companionship baptizes. I definitely want to do my part and baptize next month, so we are looking into what we can do to do our part. As i said we found two new families. One family is part of the family of the 1st councilor in the bishopric so :) once we get him excited to help us out with them we should see some definite progress. They came to church yesterday and really really liked it. There is the Mom of the 1st councilor, his sister, the son of his sister and the daughter of his sister. (4 BAPTISMS!! :), they have lived a pretty rough life. They live in the Villa and well, their work is selling bread and dinner. The mom - Ramona, is getting old and she has quite a bit of pains (but we are hoping to see some miracles when they stop smoking and drinking tea - its a promise of the word of wisdom, if they do it i know she will feel fantastic) They have had some recent family losses and have taken them pretty rough. The mom said she couldn’t bear to lose another family member. But they are very interested and they love the missionaries. Whenever we come she always gives us food (even though she has absolutely nothing) its quite humbling. She treats us as her kids. The only problem i think my stomach was not accustomed to her cooking and it got pretty upset. On top of that i had eaten a lot of food. one night she gave us dinner, and we had to take care of the president’s son and He gave us dinner too (so two rather large dinners) and then the next day, Ramona gave us lunch, even though we already had a lunch appointment (and she wouldn’t let us tell her no) so i then had two lunches the next day and well... my stomach got pretty mad. it made me think of when Phillip told us he had eaten a lot of pineapple and was constantly running to the bathroom because i had to do the same. 
If you’re interested their names are:
Ramona Palomeque
Karina Palomeque
Brandon Palomeque
Malena Palomeque

The other family we found is great, we just have not had a lot of time to pass by their house. The Daughter has not been baptized in any church and the mom wants her to get baptized, we just need to help the mom get married (i believe) and also get baptized :)

The weather has been rather weird. It is hot some days and then very very cold other days. 

We also had a zone conference and it was fantastic!! got a lot of good ideas and i am looking forward to baptizing in July. Thank you for your prayers and your fasts :) I know they are helping me to aguantar the office until i get out and be able to teach the people. My only desire is to be the lord´s instrument and teach with his spirit. Thank you for your support!

Love
Elder Rowse

No comments:

Post a Comment